By Nigel Philips
For the first time since accusing Neymar of rape in Paris, Najila Trindade Mendes de Souza, the lady involved in the incident with the Brazilian superstar has opened up.
The 26-year-old Najila Mendes claims she agreed to have sex with the world’s most expensive footballer but told him they can only go ahead if he uses a condom.
Najila Mendes described the incident as “aggression together with rape” in an interview with SBT, a Brazilian Tv channel.
"When I asked him if he brought a condom, he said no. So I told him that nothing would happen because we can't," Najila Mendes said.
"He replied nothing. And we continued, and he turned me over, committed the act, and I asked him to stop.”
"And when he was committing the act, he was hitting my bum, violently, and afterward I turned over, it was all very quick and left. This is what happened."
Neymar’s accuser filed a formal complaint against him to the Sao Paulo Police on June 1 after she alleged the incident happened on May 15 in a hotel room in Paris.
The two met on Instagram before Neymar made travel arrangements for her to fly over to Paris to meet him.
"We exchanged Instagram messages and he asked me when I could go to Paris, and I said, right now, but can't afford the trip.”
"He said that he can handle it, and he paid for my flight ticket and hotel room," she added.
Neymar described the allegations leveled against him as false and further released a video of himself revealing text messages from his accuser stating their meeting was consensual.
Neymar has been ruled out of the upcoming Copa America after suffering an injury in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Qatar earlier on Thursday.